Here are five articles worth checking out today on Garden City Patch so check back throughout the day for all your local news:
1. Library Restores Sunday Hours: The Garden City Public Library board of trustees unanimously voted to restore Sunday hours at the library effective Oct. 20.
2. GC Hotel Museum: John Ellis Kordes has been working hard to bring a "Legacy Museum" to the Garden City Hotel.
3. Better Security: The Garden City public school district is improving security at school buildings thanks to a grant from Sen. Kemp Hannon.
4. A.T. Stewart Exchange: Check out the items of the week from the A.T. Stewart Exchange.
5. Barnes Gallery Art Show: An art show at Barnes Gallery kicking off Oct. 1 will feature 40+ photographs by PHAN, a group of amateur photographers dedicated to the principle that "photography is art."