The first annual firefighters/law enforcement softball tournament in honor of FDNY firefighter John McNamara (FDNY E-234) will take place on September 8, 2012 at Flynn Memorial Park in Kings Park.
McNamara passed away from aggressive colon cancer related to his work at the World Trade Center on 9/11 and in the months afterwards.
He left behind his wife, Jennifer, and their son, Jack, who was barely three years old when he died on August 9, 2009.
The tournament is open to all firefighter and law enforcement softball teams.
The cost is $495 per team, and it guarantees each will play in four games during the tourney.
Proceeds will go to the Johnny Mac Foundation.
- There'll be separate brackets for law enforcement and firefighter teams.
- The law enforcement winner will play the firefighter winner in a separate final championship game.
- Teams must have either law enforcement or firefighters/EMT (paid or volunteer) on their rosters, and can have no more than three non-law enforcement/firefighter players on field at any time.
- The winner of the law enforcement bracket and the winner of firefighter bracket receive their fees back, awards for MVP’s and a Team Award.
- The Overall Champion will receive payment for its World Tournament entry fee.
For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.