Red light cameras often are visible throughout the area.
Those notified by mail of running a red light at an intersection are also sent a photo of the alleged infraction as well as a link to watch a video of any transgression.
The Nassau County Department of Traffic Safety released a list of the current red light cameras up around the North Shore.
Here’s a look at noted intersections with red light cameras:
- East Garden City: Old Country Road and Ring Road
- East Rockaway: Atlantic and Ocean Avenues
- Hewlett: Mill Road and Peninsula Boulevard
- Inwood/Lawrence: Burnside Avenue and Nassau Expressway/Route 878
- Inwood/Lawrence: Rockaway Turnpike and Nassau Expressway/Route 878
- Island Park: Long Beach Road and Austin Boulevard
- Oceanside: Lawson Boulevard and Atlantic Avenue
- Oceanside: Long Beach Road and Daly Boulevard
- Oceanside: Long Beach Road and Mott Street
- Rockville Centre: Lakeview Avenue and Peninsula Boulevard
- Uniondale: Earle Ovington Boulevard/Uniondale Avenue and Hempstead Turnpike
- Uniondale: Earle Ovington Boulevard and Charles Lindbergh Boulevard
- Uniondale: Jerusalem Avenue and Uniondale Avenue
- Westbury: Salisbury Park Drive/School Street and Old Country Road
- Westbury: Post Avenue/Merrick Avenue and Old Country Road
- Westbury: Merrick Avenue and Stewart Avenue/Park Boulevard
- West Hempstead: Hempstead Turnpike/Route 24 and Nassau Boulevard
Christopher M. Mistron, the coordinator of the department, said there are no new sites in the works at this time.