There will be several fiestas taking place around the area this Saturday for Cinco de Mayo. Patch has picked five fun ways for you to celebrate. Go loco!
- Start the Party Early: Start the Cinco de Mayo celebration one day early by attending a party Friday night at the Plattduetsche Park Restaurant, located at 1132 Hempstead Turnpike in Franklin Square, catered by Gonzo’s Mexican Grill of West Hempstead. The party will go from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. on May 4 Admission is $7, plus the price of food and drinks. Click here for details. (Ofcourse, you can also enjoy Gonzo's delicious burritos and other favorites at its location on Nassau Boulevard on May 5 too.)
- Score a Free Tee: Moe's Southwest Grill in Garden City will be giving away free T-Shirts to the first 100 customers who come in on Saturday.
- Savor Authentic Flavors: El Catracho Restaurant and Bar in West Hempstead and El Mariachi in Rockville Centre are both great, local restaurants that serve up authentic Mexican dishes.
- Margaritas, Anyone?: Whether you prefer sweet or salty, frozen or on the rocks, traditional or a more exotic concoction, you'll go loco for the margaritas served up at Cabo in Rockville Centre. The drinks are a local favorite and the atmosphere of the bar will make you feel like you're on Spring Break in Mexico.
- Take the Taco King's Challenge: Do you have what it takes to earn a place on the Wall of Fame at Taco King in West Hempstead? See how many of their signature chili soft tacos you can eat. Last we checked, the record was 15!
How will you be spending Cinco de Mayo? Tell us in the comments section below.