The event, which will raise money to "preserve and restore the museum," will be held from 5-7 p.m.
Society officials note that only minor repairs have been made to the museum's exterior over the past 14 years, since the building was moved to its current location from Fifth Street in July 1988.
Admission to the wine-and-cheese reception is $20 per person. Admission can also be paid at the door on the night of the event, which will include a Chinese Auction with theme-centered baskets of cheer, including:
- “A Day at the Races” (VIP box seating for six people, parking, programs and the opportunity to name a race and present a trophy)
- “Historical Society Gift Shop Items”
- “An Irishman’s Night Out” (including some beverages with an Irish flare and a special treat)
- “Tailgate Party” (with professional sports tickets and more)
- An antique or collectible item from the A.T. Stewart Exchange with tickets to the Society’s Candlelight House Tour in December.
at a gala capital campaign event to be held in the spring.
RSVP to Gloria Jones at 516-248-0042 (email@example.com) or Kate Keating at 718-343-6995 (firstname.lastname@example.org). To learn more about the campaign, the scope of work and future events, visit the society's website.