Here are the Five Things You Need to Know for July 3.
- The Garden City Bombers U8 baseball team took down Port Washington over the weekend and will soon play at the one and only Yankee Stadium. Read the full story here.
- If that wasn't enough, the Garden City U10 baseball team has opened the district tournament with three straight wins, including a close one against Franklin Square. Click here for the full story.
- Today is July 3, which makes tomorrow the Fourth of July. We want you to be safe, so we've got three important safety articles coming your way today at 8 a.m., 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. Take the time and give them a read to make your Independence Day even better.
- Looking for something to do today? Head over to the Garden City Historical Society Museum. It's open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and, best of all, it's free!
- As a reminder, you can save time by signing up for our free daily newsletter. Get Five Things You Need to Know and other great local stories delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with the newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.