Here are the Five Things You Need to Know for July 9:
1. Business Q&A: Interested in finding out more about a local business in town? Garden City Patch is starting a bi-monthly column to spotlight village merchants. Know a business you think deserves the spotlight? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a message in the comments section below.
2. McCarthy's Protest: Rep. Carolyn McCarthy is expected to join dozens of people this morning at the FAA’s regional TRACON facility in Garden City. Find out what they're protesting later today.
3. Play Time: Find out what a recent Adelphi University grad plans on debuting in August later today on Patch.
4. Newsletter: Interested in Garden City news, events, community bulletins, blogs and businesses? Sign up for the free Garden City Patch daily newsletter.
5. Facebook: Like Garden City Patch on Facebook to receive instant updates on breaking news and what is happening around the village! We are currently at 715 "likes." With your help let's make that 725 "likes" by today's end!