Did Long Island experience another mini earthquake like last August? No, but that's what one woman thought was happening when her East Garden City office building started to quiver.
Find out what happened. Plus, check out our coverage of last night's TVASNAC meeting.
Here are your top headlines for May 22.
- Structure Collapse: Roughly 45 workers inside an East Garden City office building were forced to evacuate Monday afternoon after the ground started to rumble. Found out what happened here.
- Air Traffic Meeting: A representative for the Port Authority, which operates JFK Airport, fielded questions and concerns from area residents in Malverne Monday night concerning what they say is an excessive amount of noisy flights passing over their homes. Look for the story later today.
- Fire Commission: One long-time Garden City volunteer firefighter was recently elected to chairman of the Nassau County Fire Commission. Click here for the story.
- Garden City Lax: Garden City High School's top-ranked boys lacrosse team is headed to the Nassau County Class B semifinals this week. Learn about their latest victory and who they will be competing against Wednesday.
- Volunteers Needed for St. Paul's: Do you have experience working in construction? St. Paul's needs you. Learn how you can help repair this Garden City landmark later today.
If you haven't done so already, sign-up for our daily newsletter so you'll always know what's happening each day in Malverne-West Hempstead.