All are invited and encouraged to participate in a Blood Drive to support Long Island Blood Services.
Anyone between the ages of 17 and 75 who is in good health and weighs at least 110 pounds can donate blood. Healthy individuals over 75 can donate blood if they present written permission from their physician obtained within two weeks of their donation.
Donors should have eaten and should bring reading glasses and ID with signature, and know their Social Security number. To register call Arthur Anderson at (516) 319-2459 and leave your name and phone number. Please help save lives ...Become a blood donor !
Why YOU should be a blood donor:
• There is no substitute for blood. The community blood supply depends on donations from people like you.
• Not enough people donate blood. Less than 2% of the population donates blood each year. That does not satisfy hospital needs!
• The blood supply needs to be replenished constantly. Blood products have a short shelf life, only 5 to 42 days. Donated blood is immediately prepared for transfusion to patients in hospitals throughout the community.
• Blood is in constant demand for accident and burn victims, surgery and cancer patients and more.
• You can donate blood every 56 days. That’s up to 6 times per year.
• When you donate, you get a mini-medical exam, including a blood pressure reading, iron count, temperature and pulse check.
• Donating blood takes only 10 to 12 minutes, and the entire process requires only about an hour of your time.
• Knowing that you gave “THE GIFT OF LIFE” and those who received that gift will be forever grateful.