It’s that time of the year again! Everything is blooming, warm weather is slowly moving in and spring break has kicked in for the local schools. Even with a string of warm and sunny weather upon us, here are some ideas to keep the “ I’m bored” chants away for the week!
Long Island Children’s Museum
This week, the LICM has some great events planned to keep your kids entertained. For additional events, check LICM’s website www.licm.org or the Garden City Patch Events calendar:
April 10-13, 2012:
- “Walkin After Midnight” (all day)-This interactive exhibit allows visitors to move through a miniature neighborhood with the help of small dolls and folk stories.
- Crystal Trio( 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.)- Coming from far away in Siberia, Russia, Crystal Trio is a unique musical group that performs using special glass instruments including the glass harp, verrophone and glass pan flute bass.
- Community Gallery (all day)- View a mixed media exhibition featuring the artwork of elementary school students from the Elmont School District.
- Mystery of the Mayan Medallion (all day)- Guests can explore Mayan culture and see what it is like to be an archaeologist through an adventurous journey.
April 11 an 13, 2012
- A Picnic of Pellets ( 11 a.m.)- Learn all about owls! What do they eat? How do they ingest food? Watch a live dissection of owl pellets and examine your own!
AMC Loews Roosevelt Field Theater
When a rainy day hits, or when you just feel like kicking back and relaxing, the Loews Roosevelt Field theater has you covered. This week, there's plenty of fun movies playing that all are sure to enjoy! Here's the most popular ones:
- Dr. Suess’ The Lorax (PG)
- Journey 2: The Mysterious Island 3D (PG)
- The Hunger Games (PG-13)
- The Wrath of the Titans 3D (PG-13)
For more information and showtimes check out AMC Loews Roosevelt Field online.
- “Works of Art” ( all week 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.) - "Works Of Art" is an exhibition of paintings by two local residents, Thomas P. Geyer of West Hempstead and Christopher L. Klein of Franklin Square. They express their passion for art through their paintings.
Food and Fun
- Cupcake Corner Too! Spring Break Day Camp ( April 9-13, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)-Kids will make and decorate sugar cookies and cupcakes, chocolate lollipops, candy sushi and peace sign ornaments. They can also paint suncatchers and ceramic figurines, and decorate wooden picture frames. Plus, there is dancing, games, and more.
For more fun and entertainment around the village visit Garden City Patch's events calendar.