Here are my "Top 5" reasons why I am voting in favor of Garden City's school budget for the 2012-13 academic year:
- Newsweek Magazine ranked Garden City High School No. 115 in the nation having solicited data from 10,000 schools. That puts GC in the top 1 percent in the country.
- Outstanding English Language Arts scores in our villages’ elementary and middle schools (Source: Newsday in both 2011 and 2012)
- Very high percentage of Garden City high school graduates have received Regents diplomas with advanced designation (Source: Newsday, April 6, 2012)
- The Garden City Teachers' Association has saved taxpayers $675,000 by renegotiating the terms of their current. (Sources: Newsday, April 26, 2012 and School Board Chair Colleen Foley at )
- Improvement of Intramural Athletic Program to offset loss of JVB teams (Source: Superintendent Dr. Robert Feirsen at )
Leo Stimmler, Garden City Resident
Get the results of the Garden City school budget vote delivered right to your inbox or smartphone by signing up for our breaking news alerts sign-up here.