An Elmont man faces robbery charges after police say he forcibly stole a cellphone from a woman at a bus stop.
Lashawn Pierre, 18, of Elmont, approached the 29-year-old woman at a Merrick Road bus stop at 8:37 a.m. Tuesday, according to Nassau County Police.
Pierre pushed the woman, forcibly took her cell phone from her hand, and fled on foot eastbound on Merrick Road, cops reported.
The woman ran after Pierre as a 46-year-old good samaritan called 911 and looked for Pierre, police said.
Pierre was arrested on Crowell Place by Fourth Precinct officers. The phone was recovered and no one was injured in the incident.
Pierre is charged with third-degree robbery and will be arraigned Wednesday at First District Court in Hempstead.
- Conrad Bryant, 30, of Long Beach was arrested and charged with aggravated harassment at East Hudson Street on Aug. 27.
- Damon Whitfield, 20, was arrested and charged with assault at LBPD headquarters on Aug. 28.
- Andrew D. Kronsvein, 20, of Tampa, Florida, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, criminal mischief with intent to damage property, and resisting arrest at Minnesota Avenue on Sept. 1.
- An Albany resident reported to police on Aug. 24 at 3:48 p.m. that an unknown person(s) damaged the window and door of her motor vehicle and stole her iPhone while the vehicle was parked in the vicinity of North Village Avenue and Quealy Place.
- A complainant from Bethpage reported to police on Sept. 1 at 2:14 a.m. that he was assaulted by an unknown person(s) while in the vicinity of Municipal Parking Field #1.
- A complainant from Oceanside reported to police on Sept. 2 at 3:06 a.m. that he was assaulted with a beer glass by a known male from Rockville Centre while in front of Stingers, located at 300 Sunrise Highway.
- On Sept. 5 at 6:30pm, Aaron N. Tzul 22, of Roosevelt, NY was arrested and charged with Leaving Scene of an Accident on Sunrise Highway.
- On Sept. 5 at 10:55pm, Andrew W. Scully, 27, of Valley Stream, was arrested and charged with Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance (two counts) on Sunrise Highway.
- On Sept. 6 at 5:30am Dorient G. Reid 23, of Jamaica, was arrested and charged with Possession of Burglar’s Tools, Unlicensed Operation and Unsafe Lane Change on Sunrise Highway.
- On Sept. 6 at 5:30am Romaine Reid 28, of Jamaica, NY was arrested and charged with Possession of Burglar’s Tools, Aggravated Unlicensed Operation, Unlicensed Operation, Passed Red Traffic Signal Light and Unsafe Lane Change on Sunrise Highway.
- On Sept. 8 at 11:50pm, Veronica A. Roth 26, of Valley Stream, was arrested and charged with Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance, Driving While Intoxicated and Failure to Yield Right of Way on Merrick Road.
- Aug. 30: Officer Oswald stopped a motorist on Nassau Boulevard for excessively blowing his horn and making an unsafe lane change. The driver, a male 25-year-old from Wilton, Ct., was arrested for DWI (.11 percent blood alcohol content), unnecessary use of a horn, unsafe lane change and uninsured operation.
- Aug. 31: Upon responding to a report for disorderly youths on Osborne Road, a 17-year old was issued an appearance ticket for the possession of five cans of beer.
- Sept. 1: Officer Petraglia stopped a male 55-year-old from Elmont on Stewart Avenue for aggressive driving. The subject was arrested and charged with DWI (refused test), speeding, unsafe lane change, possession of a controlled substance and uninsured operation.
- Sept. 2: Garden City detectives arrested a male 48-year-old from Flushing for aggravated harassment after making numerous harassing phone calls to a female victim at her Garden City office.