Under the Community Agreement and the by-laws of the Estates POA, the Committee is asked to interview Estates residents interested in serving as trustees. The position of village trustee is subject to election by village residents. The village trustee position serves for a two-year term commencing in May 2014.
The Committee consists of 15 Estates residents, serving three-year terms. The Committees’ selections for trustee candidates will be nominated at the Estates electors' meeting to be held Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2014. All Estates residents are encouraged to attend in order to vote at that electors' meeting. For more information about the nominating process please contact Estates POA secretary Robert Bommarito at email@example.com.
Any interested Estates resident may be considered a prospective candidate by submitting the following information to the Committee: their name, address, telephone number, email address and a note explaining why they would like to be considered for candidacy as village trustee.
Interested residents must also include a brief summary of their personal/professional background and provide a statement as to their qualifications and reasons for interest in the position. The Committee will contact the candidates to establish dates for interviews.
The Committee welcomes and encourages all Estates residents to get more involved and volunteer their time. The deadline for receipt of submissions is Nov. 11. All candidates must submit their material in writing to the Secretary of the Estates POA by emailing the material to: Robert Bommarito at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail (and must be “received” by the due date) at 122 Kensington Rd., Garden City, NY 11530.
The following residents are current members of the Nominating Committee of Garden City Estates:
- Robert Bommarito, 122 Kensington Rd.
- Matt Luttinger, 11 Merillon Ave.
- Tom Stenson, 84 Kilburn Rd.
- Rachel Cashwell, 119 Euston Rd.
- Allen Mathers, 30 Kensington Rd.
- Aida Velez, 173 Nassau Blvd.
- Phil Gullo, 51 Euston Rd.
- Jeff Minett, 15 Brompton Rd.
- Michael Ventre, 85 Newmarket Rd.
- Josh Kohner, 8 Terrace Park
- Nick Philippides, 65 Brixton Rd.
- Linda Wangner, 29 Euston Rd.
- John Lisica, 174 Meadbrook Rd.
- John Skramko, 176 Wellington Rd.
- Cathy Wood, 167 Tullamore Rd.
Submitted by the Property Owners’ Association of Garden City Estates