The Town-Village Aircraft and Noise Abatement Committee (TVASNAC) is once again taking its show on the road.
The coalition of local villages and unicorporated areas of the Town of Hempstead has held most of its meetings in Lawrence in the past, but lately it's been leaving its "home base" to encourage residents of other areas affected by the noisy planes flying over their homes to get involved.
In recent months, they've held meetings in Garden City and New Hyde Park and next week, for the first time, the village of Malverne will host the public forum.
The meeting will take place at 7:30 p.m. on May 21 in Malverne Village Hall, located at 99 Church Street. Village residents, as well as outsiders impacted by noisy, low-flying aircraft are invited to attend.
This is both an opportunity for residents to learn more about the conditions causing what many describe as "excessive noise" and "dangerous situations" created by planes and to voice their own concerns to TVASNAC representatives and aviation officials. TVASNAC is expecting representatives from the Port Authority and Federal Aviation Administration to be in attendance to discuss residents' concerns about many of these "life-altering issues." They also plan to have a presentation from experts regarding noise monitors.
TVASNAC is also encouraging residents to contact their local elected officials to request that they help their constituents by attending this meeting.
To learn more about the issues TVASNAC is fighting to address visit quietovergc.com and quietskies.net for updates.
Suggested Driving Directions to Malverne Village Hall:
- Take Southern State Parkway to EXIT 17 South (South Hempstead Avenue toward Malverne). Coming from the North you can access SS by taking Meadowbrook Parkway South then West via Exit 6W (toward New York).
- Turn slight right onto Hempstead Avenue
- Bear left at fork which then becomes Ocean Avenue
- Cross over the railroad tracks
- The first block after the railroad tracks is Church Street. Turn right.
- Village Hall is on the right.