Garden City firefighters quickly snuffed out a kitchen fire inside a Beech Street home late Wednesday morning.
The GC F.D. were on the scene shortly after 11 a.m. along with firefighters from Mineola and Carle Place. The flames were extending from the stove to the ceiling when firefighters entered the home, but they were able to contain the blaze and knock it down within minutes, according to firefighters at the scene. However, they did say that the kitchen, an exterior wall and other areas of the house did suffer some smoke damage.
The homeowner was able to get out of the home, but was brought to an area hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.